August 28th, 2020
The key points in this part of the transcript are:
- Inflationary pressures are increasing in Europe, leading to weakening confidence.
- The U.S. economy is expected to contract by -0.5% to -1%, while Europe is expected to contract by around -2%.
- Weakness in the consumer sector and reliance on exports contribute to Europe's economic challenges.
- The European Central Bank (ECB) will likely need to take more aggressive measures due to worsening inflation.
- The acceleration of inflation in Europe is expected to be higher and last longer than in the U.S.
- CPI and core CPI in Europe have shown an acceleration to the upside.
- Consumer, economic, and industrial confidence in Europe is below expectations.
- Manufacturing in the Eurozone and Germany is contracting, but not improving significantly.
- Private consumption and capital investment in Germany are worse than expected.
- Germany's GDP is negative, and consumer confidence remains weak.
- Import price index in Germany is a concern as it did not fall as much as expected.
- Manufacturing in Germany is slowing down, and CPI is accelerating.
- France's consumer confidence is slightly better than estimates, and CPI is slightly below expectations.
- Consumer spending in France is balancing out, and PPI is accelerating.
#Europe #inflation #economy #consumerconfidence #exports #ECB #CPI #manufacturing #Germany #France #GDP
To see all videos click here: https://primaryvision.co/videos/
From Fracking activity and Fracking market trends to Oil and Gas News, Hydraulic Fracturing and Frac Spread Count, we bring you shows covering:
EIA (typically Wednesdays) – Senior Analyst Mark Rossano covers imports, exports and refined product data from the EIA on a weekly basis.
Economy (typically Thursdays) – Senior Analyst Mark Rossano helps produce a five-video series pulling a variety of data points to monitor the health of the economy. Nothing is left uncovered in this deep dive weekly narrative that covers everything from inflation, supply chain metrics to covid-19 lockdowns, geopolitics and so much more!
*Premium Subscribers only* – Frac Spread Count – Primary Vision releases its Frac Spread Count data and video on Friday afternoons. The number that tracks the weekly number of active pressure pumpers in the United States. Contact us to learn more.
Please subscribe so you keep current!